This recipe has the advantage of being both simple and cheap, so you'll have a delicious meal, made with fresh ingredients, without spending too much.
It's the type of dish you make for lunch when you have all family home and you don't want to spend all morning in the kitchen, but it works perfectly when you're cooking something for two, too.
So, let's get started. You'll need some pasta, 1 or 2 carrots, some potatoes, half of an eggplant, tomato sauce and some water. I used fresh pasta, but you can use any pasta you have in the kitchen if you don't have time to go to the supermarket.
I peel everything, including the eggplant, but feel free to use the vegetables as you like them.
Don't forget to sprinkle some Parmesan Cheese on top before serving. Niammy :)
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp.
- Potatoes - 150 grams
- Carrots - 100 grams
- Eggplant - 80 grams
- Tomato sauce - 200 grams
- Water - 150 - 250 ml
- Salt, pepper
- 1Wash and peel all vegetables. Then cut everything into medium cubes.
- 2Prepare the water for pasta, following the instructions for cooking pasta.
- 3In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the carrots.
- 4When the carrots start to change color, add the potatoes and mix the two vegetables together.
- 5When carrots are almost done, add the eggplant and cook everything for 3-4 minutes on low fire. Eggplants tend to suck all the oil, so if your vegetables are too dry, add a few drops of oil.
- 6After 3-4 minutes, add the tomato sauce and complete with water.
- 7Cook for 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper and leave it for another 5-7 minutes.
- 8Depending on the cooking time, boil the pasta to make sure it will be done when the sauce is ready.